PSHE at Fircroft
We strongly believe in the vital role PSHE has to play in supporting our pupils to grow and develop into confident, creative, resilient, kind, open-minded and engaged citizens.
PSHE stands for Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education. Our PSHE curriculum aims to provide pupils with a wide range of experiences and activities in order to equip them with the knowledge, skills and attitudes they need to:
- Understand the importance of family life and that families come in different shapes and sizes.
- Recognise what a healthy and safe relationship is.
- Apply the principles of healthy and safe relationships when using the internet and know how to report concerns about on-line content.
- Navigate the ups and downs of friendships.
- Understand both the importance of self-respect and respect for others.
- Recognise bullying and how best to act if they encounter it.
- Understand the concept of personal privacy.
- Recognise how to keep themselves safe and have regard for the safety of others too.
- Understand that mental well-being is as important as physical well-being.
- Recognise a range of emotions in themselves and others.
- Recognise what makes them feel happy, including exercise, relaxation and time with friends and family.
- Seek support for themselves and others regarding good mental health.
- Understand the importance of exercise, diet, hygiene and self-care in maintaining physical well-being.
- Understand the risks associated with both legal and illegal substances.
- Understand, at an age-appropriate level, how their body grows and changes.