Clubs & Extra-curricular Provision
Autumn Term 2020 UPDATE
Many clubs and activities beyond school are now open and we feel that we can offer a limited amount of clubs safely at Fircroft. There are far fewer clubs than usual on offer due to stringent safety measures and smaller group sizes.
Our extra-curricular activities will run from Monday 28th September for a total of ten weeks. Please note that there is NO MONDAY CLUB on Monday 2nd November as it is an INSET day.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES
We are following the measures below to ensure pupil and instructor safety during clubs (in addition to all our other measures):
- washing hands before and after sessions or using hand sanitiser
- small, consistent groups of no more than 15-20 children
- one or two staff members max per group that should remain as consistent as possible
- regular cleaning of indoor spaces
- equipment cleaned between sessions
- encouraging older pupils to follow social distancing
- one-way system for parents and carers to collect
- most clubs only offered to pupils in the same bubble unless pupils are older or are able to socially distance due to the nature of the activity e.g. table tennis
- Preference selection opens on Tuesday 15th September and closes at midnight on Sunday 20th September
- Please log in through your ParentMail account – open FORMS
- Parents will make a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice during this week – there is no rush but please ensure you have completed it by Sunday 20th September
- On Monday 21st September the system will select pupils for each club based on their preferences and auto allocate a club
- Most pupils will be allocated only one club in the first instance
- If there are spaces still available, the system may allocate a second club if you have requested this
- This system may not guarantee siblings are in clubs on the same days – if you specifically require a certain day of the week then please add this information to the final comment box
- Once all places have been allocated then ParentMail will send you confirmation of your child’s club/s and request payment if necessary
- During the week beginning 21st September, you will receive a notification asking you for payment for the particular club that your child has been allocated
- Please pay for booked places as soon as possible after allocation
- Clubs not paid for will be offered to other pupils
- If you are concerned about being able to pay for clubs then please contact us as soon as possible
Please email if you need help with any aspect of clubs bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection from clubs
Year 5 and Year 6 children may walk home by themselves if the school has received written permission from parents/carers. All children in other year groups must be collected by an adult promptly at the end of each session. Please follow the one-way system as usual from Fircroft Gate. If someone else other than yourself will be collecting your child, please email or telephone the school office to confirm this.
Pupil Premium – One free club up to £40
- Pupils eligible for Pupil Premium Funding are able to receive ONE FREE club per term at Fircroft (3 clubs over the academic year) at a maximum of £40 per club
- Please note there are no pre-allocation letters for PPG pupils this term, parents of pupils who are eligible for a free club should request a club through the same ParentMail online preference form
Terms and Conditions for Curriculum Enrichment and After School Clubs
- If a child is collected late on two occasions they will automatically be removed from attending any extra-curricular activities for the remainder of the term.
- Inappropriate behaviour may result in a child being automatically removed from attending any extra-curricular activities for the remainder of the term.
- We are unable to offer refunds or allow swaps if you change your mind
We have tried to ensure that there is a good selection of clubs on offer for most ages across the week. But we appreciate that some pupils may be disappointed as clubs are not available to the wide range of year groups that they may have been previously. Please do explain to your children that this is to keep everyone safe and we hope to return to our usual fuller timetable soon!
Should you have any queries or suggestions please do email us at: email@example.com
General Club Information
We are really proud of the wide-range of extra-curricular activities that we offer at Fircroft. Before school, during lunchtime and when the school day ends, our halls and playgrounds are buzzing with children having fun and exploring new interests.
Clubs are an important part of life at Fircroft and the majority of our children regularly take part in extra-curricular clubs. Last year over 350 children attended one or more clubs!
We believe clubs offer children the chance to broaden their life experiences, improve their fitness and develop their team working skills. We ensure that pupils who are eligible for the pupil premium grant are able to take part in one free club each term.
Some of the clubs we have offered recently include: Ballet, Basketball, Board Games, Boxercise, Mother Nature Science, Chess, Choi Kwang Do (Martial Arts), Choir, Comic Making, Cooking, Cricket, Drama & Acting, Elite Gymnastics, Football, Film Club, Funky Dance, Girls’ Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Home Learning, Kick Rounders, Lacrosse, Lego Robotics, Little Artists, Multi-Sports, Play Phonics, Playball, School Football Squad, Table Tennis, Tennis and Yoga.
Please email the clubs address if you have any suggestions for clubs that you would like to see on offer at Fircroft: firstname.lastname@example.org