Clubs & Extra-curricular Provision
General Club Information
We are really proud of the wide range of extra-curricular activities that we offer at Fircroft. Before school and when the school day ends, our halls and playgrounds are buzzing with children having fun and exploring new interests.
Clubs are an important part of life at Fircroft and the majority of our children regularly take part in extra-curricular clubs. Last year over 350 children attended one or more clubs!
With over 25 clubs each term, we believe clubs offer children the chance to broaden their life experiences, improve their fitness and develop their team working skills. We ensure that pupils who are eligible for the pupil premium grant are able to take part in one free or subsidised club each term.
Some of the clubs we have offered recently include Art & DT, Arty Party, Basketball, Book, Boosters, Choir, Cooking, Cricket, Crochet, Dodgeball, Drama & Acting, Football, Film Club, Freestyle Dance, Girls’ Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Jewellery Making, Indian Dance, Lego Robotics, Little Artists, Martial Arts, Maths Games, Musical Movement, Musical Theatre, Multi-Sports, Newspaper Club (see below), Playball, School Football Squad, Sewing, Science, Skateboarding, Spanish, Table Tennis, Tag Rugby, Tennis, West End Workout and Yoga.
New additions for the summer term include Cricket, Crochet. and Nature clubs as well as Verbal/Nonverbal Reasoning sessions.
Please email the clubs address if you have any suggestions for clubs that you would like to see on offer at Fircroft: firstname.lastname@example.org
What to wear
If your child has a sporty club that is not on their PE day, please send them to school with suitable footwear and a pair of shorts, leggings or jogging bottoms to change into.
It may be easier for reception children to come to school in jogging bottoms for their sporty clubs. Children will remove shoes and socks for Yoga so please ensure your child is able to do this independently.
PE kit should only be worn to school when your whole class has PE.
Collection from Clubs
Year 5 and Year 6 children may walk home by themselves if the school has received written permission from parents/carers. All children in other year groups must be collected by an adult promptly at the end of each session.
Persistent late collection may result in your child being removed from a club.
If someone else other than yourself will be collecting your child, please email or telephone the school office to confirm this.
Pupil Premium - one free/subsidised club
- Pupils eligible for Pupil Premium Funding are able to receive ONE free/subsidised club per term (3 clubs over the academic year) at a maximum of £40 per club
- Please note there are no pre-allocation letters for PPG pupils, parents of pupils who are eligible for a free club should request a club through the same online preference form
- If your circumstances have changed and you feel you may be eligible for Pupil Premium Funding, please speak to the school office
All payments are to be made via School Gateway so please ensure you have downloaded the app.
If you need help with any aspect of clubs bookings, please email: email@example.com
In the event of school closure
As a school we cannot risk financial losses therefore we have had to introduce the following policy:
- We are unable to offer refunds for missed sessions due to an individual child’s absence, change of mind, the closure of a class, the closure of a year group or the closure of school for any reason
- In the event of a partial closure, the club would continue to take place for those children remaining in school
- In the event of a club losing ALL of its participants, tutors will try to replace it with an alternative date, however, this will not be possible in all cases
Should you have any queries or suggestions please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the autumn term, the students in Newspaper Club worked incredibly hard on the December 2022 edition of our student newspaper, the 'Fircroft Termly'. It includes articles, features, puzzles and comics all written by our wonderful Fircroft students.
Click the links to read the online versions:
Indian Dance Club
Out Indian Dance Club members performed for the first time in our Diwali Assemblies last year.